During this workshop you will create and build your own website and blog, which you can use and develop further at home. You will learn how to use your new website to increase your profile as a writer and to sell more of your books. Easy, hands-on and designed for beginners.
You will also learn:
• Why the 21stC writer needs to be an internet entrepreneur
• How other writers use websites
• How to design your own website to suit your books and your readers
• How to write blog posts
• How to add a page to your site to feature and promote your own books for sale
• How to link from your site to Amazon (or other places where your book(s) are listed for sale)
• How to add photos to your site
• How to link from your site to your Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites (Note: This course is not about how to use Facebook, Twitter or other social media)
During the course you will use Google Blogger (a free web/blog publishing tool) to create your website. Please bring your Google account name and password to the course.
Tutor: Jocelyn Watkin: writer, blogger, indie publisher (print and e-books), freelance journalist, sales and marketing specialist. She has tertiary qualifications in journalism, teaching and management, including a Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
Date/Time: Sunday 22 June, 9.30am - 4.00pm with a one hour lunchbreak.
Cost: $147. Attend and pay for this as well as the advanced course and pay only $248 for both (saving $46)
"How easy it is to create a blog site." "I enjoyed the informality and adaptability to changing websites. Jocelyn is professional and informative. Attends to all students." "I learnt a lot and it was fun and interesting. I learnt actually a lot more than expected. The tutor was excellent and because it was a small class, everyone was able to join in." "Highly informative, brilliant tutor." Tutor: Jocelyn Watkin